Thematic Photographic 100 - Into the Clouds


Water and light
Richmond Hill, ON, November 2009


Hard to believe this is the 100th Thematic Photographic theme. It all started* two years ago tomorrow as a simple way of trying to give my four readers an opportunity to expand their optical horizons, a humble means of spreading the photographic joy. As so often happens in my world, it evolved beyond the original vision, and in the process it took on a bit of a life of its own.

It's been a joy for me, and I hope it's been a joy for you, too. More importantly, I hope it'll continue to be a joy for us all. If you're game, I'll keep coming up with themes. And if you're game, I hope you'll keep coming up with the kind of photographic inspiration that keeps me continually reaching for my camera. This theme thing cuts both ways, after all, and it's because of everyone who participates in this silly little weekly diversion that Thematic Photographic has become something I look forward to shepherding no matter how chaotic the planet professes to be.

Your turn: If you know the rules, you know what to do. If you don't, click here. At the end of the day, it's simple: Shoot, then post, then share a link here. And have fun. Because that's why we're all here in the first place, right?

*...here, if you're interested in a bit of history.

Oops, almost forgot: The theme...Into the Clouds. Thanks to Johnina Young for suggesting it. If you've got a theme you'd like us to tackle, I'm all ears.
Ping your blog, website, or RSS feed for Free