Thematic Photographic 99 - Glassy


Rainbow connection
London, ON, April 2010

[Please click photo to embiggen]

When a good friend of ours gave this incredibly lovely plate to us last month, my first thought was to shoot it as soon as humanly possible. Fortunately I didn't have to wait too long. Since I'm a fan of natural light - see this entry from earlier this week - I was out of bed early the next day the moment I saw sun streaming through the window. Breakfast could wait: This was perfect light.

I love working with glass because you never quite know what you're going to get. Exposure is always a bit of a challenge, of course, but that's what makes it so much fun to explore. You throw the camera into full manual and let your mind take care of the rest. It's very Zen, and it's one of the reasons I enjoy photography as much as I do.

I hope you enjoy it, too.

Your turn: For the next week, Thematic Photographic explores glass. Simply post a glass-themed pic on your blog or photo sharing site, then paste a link in a comment here. Repeat as often as you wish. And don't forget to visit other participants to share the photographic joy. For more background on how our weekly photo sharing/exploration extravaganza works, click here.
Ping your blog, website, or RSS feed for Free