Custer's last stand


Healthy or not?
London, ON, July 2009
About this photo: It's tree week all week long. Follow your mouse here to get in on the barked action.
I was on walking home after dropping the little man off at a nearby friend's house for a playdate. To avoid the mid-afternoon, mid-summer heat, I detoured onto a walking path that traces the route of a nearby creek.

It all sounded so idyllic until I realized I had no idea where I was. And GPS, so wonderful on mapped and marked streets, wasn't all that precise out here in the boonies.

So I wandered a bit, following the sun until I more or less recognized where I was. And as I wandered this anything-but-a-desert, I found lovely little scenes to shoot. Like this stand of trees that defied definition. Were they dying a slow, ugly death? Or were they defying the odds and starting to grow where before there had been no life at all?

Such a conundrum deep in the however-many-acre wood.

Your turn: So, which one is it? Dying or vibrant?
Ping your blog, website, or RSS feed for Free