Wet shoe diary


Droplets
Deerfield Beach, FL, December 2010
[Click here to share something wet]

After my daughter accidentally dripped on my shoe as she stepped out of the pool, she apologized. I stopped for a moment and considered why she'd even apologize in the first place.

I told her three things:
  1. It's a boat shoe. So no worries: These things are designed to get wet. Even if it isn't waterproof, who really cares? It's just a shoe.
  2. That's a neat set of droplets on it, don't you think?
  3. I should be thanking you for creating this too-cool visual.
So I did. And then pulled the camera out and pointed it down. Once again, I had been inspired by one of our kids. I don't think my work - in words or in pictures - would be anywhere near as much fun if I didn't have them.

Your turn: How do others inspire you to create?
Ping your blog, website, or RSS feed for Free