Clickety clack


Freeze the countryside
Somewhere between Toronto and London, March 2009
Please note: This photo supports the Thematic Photographic electric week. What's a Thematic and how can you get involved? Glad you asked. Click here and all will be explained.
There are a few laws of photography and optics that dictate the futility of shooting out the window of a speeding train. I've never been one for laws or rules, anyway, so perhaps it's just as well that I ignored the scowls of the dude sitting across the aisle as I pointed my camera toward the speeding terrain. Maybe he wanted me to take pictures of him, instead.

Ew.

Weirdo passengers aside, it was a late Southern Ontario afternoon as I cruised home from a day in the big city. It had been a good day all around, and I was looking forward to reconnecting with my family, growing closer by the second.

As you read this, I'm on another road trip. Waaaaay before dawn today, I set out in my car for Montreal. I'm heading back alone because, well, no one lives forever, and sometimes you just need to be among friends. This entry will auto-post in the afternoon, and if the BlackBerry fairies allow it, I'll try to share some thoughts - and maybe a lousy smarthphone pic or two - from my journey.

I'm sure at some point I'm going to wish I'd been on the train instead.

Your turn: The appeal - or not - of solo travel. Please discuss.
Ping your blog, website, or RSS feed for Free