Got change?


Playing the slots
London, ON, July 2009
About this photo: It's black & white week all week long. We call it Thematic Photographic, and if you want in, just follow your mouse here.
Before our dryer dried its last load last summer*, I didn't appreciate the virtues of the neighborhood laundromat. Silly me, because these places have a feel that almost begs to be experienced.

Laundromats also seem to have a slightly forgotten-by-time aesthetic about them. This, of course, feeds the photographic machine rather nicely. So while our whites and delicates spun their little permanent press hearts out, I explored the place with my lens.

Funny, but now that we have a working washer-dryer set, I find myself hankering to return to the laundromat. You never know what you'll find there, and what stories you'll bring back.

Your turn: Got a laundromat story? Or a laundry story?

--
* Please see here, here and here for more background on our laundry adventure. This one's my favorite, as it involved an inadvertent near-meetup with a fellow London blogger.
Ping your blog, website, or RSS feed for Free