Transmission ends


Fading light
London, ON, January 2009
About this photo: It's not too late to get in on the electric theme. Click here to see what everyone's talking about. Okay, maybe not everyone. Maybe just my kids and the three soon-to-be-ex-friends I've been harassing all week. Either way, you'll like the experience. New Thematic theme launches tomorrow. I think I'm leaning toward black and white.
Sunset makes me think of the day that's about to end and that we'll never get back. As I stare at the deepening oranges and reds that paint the sky in a brilliant yet ephemeral display, I ask myself if I made the most of the day, if I made it count. Indeed, it's what I encourage the kids to do whenever I send them off to school, and it's what I ask them when they're done: Did they make it count?

Regardless of whether they - or we - do or don't, the sun will eventually slip below the horizon, the sky will darken and the day will slip, quietly, into history. We can't control the sun, nor can we change our planet's rotation. So while our closest celestial bodies do their thing, it's up to us do to ours.

For most of us, the sun will rise again in the morning, giving us an entirely new, fresh opportunity to make it count. Another chance to seize the day and make it our own. To make it count.

Your turn: How did you make your day count today?
Ping your blog, website, or RSS feed for Free