Annals of parenthood: Eclipse edition

Waking up your kids at 4:30 a.m.: Free.
Watching the lunar eclipse with them before shuffling them back to bed: Priceless.

So I'm apparently a bad dad because I woke the munchkins up in the middle of the night so they could see the lunar eclipse. Make that two of our kids, as our daughter quite clearly did not want to be moved. But the boys trundled out front and saw the spectacle with me.

The wakeup call cut into their sleep and made for some additional grumpiness around the breakfast table. But I think they're glad they made the short trip with me. Somehow, I hope they remember that life's made up of the small moments that you strive to hold onto. Because simply letting them slip by unnoticed seems like a wasted opportunity.

Your turn: Holding onto the small moments. Please discuss.
Ping your blog, website, or RSS feed for Free