Dognap


A sleeping dog lies
London, ON, September 2010
About this photo: This is one of my favorite photos of the year. Coincidentally, that's what Thematic is celebrating, too. Go here to share a fave of your own.
I don't write about our dog, Frasier, as often as I perhaps should. I don't mean to ignore him on the blog. Indeed, he's anything but ignored in the day-to-day life of our house. He's the centre of the kids' world, the object of their constant attention, and their absolute favorite reason for getting up, for coming home or just being themselves on the living room floor.

He's our fixture, our loyal buddy, the sweet-looking being who follows us around the house and never lets us forget how much we need him. I don't have a whole lot to add to this picture because this is him: Rested and content. I wish I could grab a little bit of his spirit for myself.

Your turn: The appeal of a pet dog. Please discuss.
Ping your blog, website, or RSS feed for Free