The Big Cat


Mud fight
London, ON, July 2009


I have a strange philosophy of photography: Absolutely every scene, even the ones that are beyond forgettable, contains at least one picture worth remembering.

So when I saw this tractor sitting in the middle of a horridly in-progress construction site, I decided the side profile - with its chunky, mud-covered tread and yellow steel hub - was kinda fun.

My wife disagreed, because getting this picture required a trek across said muddy site. She was not pleased that I returned with filthy shoes. Sometimes, photographers have to suffer for their wannabe-art. Sometimes, their wives suffer, too.

Your turn: Places other folks would write off - but you wouldn't. (I'll start: cafeterias, run-down K-Mart stores...) Please discuss.
Ping your blog, website, or RSS feed for Free