Sky falls down


At the end of the day
London, ON, February 2010
About this photo: Thematic Photographic explores trees this week. So if you've got anything branch-like in the archives, please head here to share.
I had taken our kids and their friends on a weekend afternoon playdate at an indoor gym. As we headed back to the car, they bantered happily about the experience.

I couldn't help but notice the sky. Even out here in the wastelands of a forgettable suburbia, it knew how to put on a show, and it called out to me. Our kids, of course, understand what it means when I ask them to give me a moment to pull out the camera. For their friends, however, this was a new experience. So while our daughter explained my weird obsession to them, I took a few quick pictures across the parking lot.

I tucked the camera away and got back into the car, surrounded by still-bantering voices reflecting on the adventure that just was. The perfect way to end a sweet day with a sweet bunch of kids.

Your turn: Can photography pause time? How?
Ping your blog, website, or RSS feed for Free