Charlie Sheen has been fired

Latest news from Hollywood is that the Warner Brothers studio has terminated Charlie Sheen's contract for his hit show, Two and a Half Men.

Pause. There, the world continues to spin. Goodness.

I discussed this on CFRB yesterday (disclosure: I chat about the week's biggest tech stories on Sunday afternoons with host John Downs) and my take then was the same as it is now: Everyone loves a train wreck, and as much as they claim to disavow celebrity "culture", they'll all rubberneck when they cruise on past the crash scene. I'm willing to bet you do it, too. All humans seek the outliers, after all.

Now, can we all please go back to living our own lives? The sooner we move on from feeding Mr. Sheen's enormous need for attention, the sooner he can get on with the process of seeking the help he so clearly needs.

Your turn: I think this cult of fame thing really needs a reboot. Where do we start?

Ping your blog, website, or RSS feed for Free