QOTD #10 - On misusing technology

"Technology's only great when you know how to use it."
Daniel Hesse, CEO of Sprint
I see way too many people spend way too much money on way too many gadgets that they'll never manage to use in a barely effective manner, let alone master. The goal for most, sadly, seems to be acquisition, and trumpeting to others of same, and not actually using the wonder-device to improve things for themselves and those around them.

It would be easy for me to say the current volume surrounding iPad 2 (should I buy it? Should I wait in line? Should I sell my eldest child?) is prompting today's choice for this QOTD. But in reality, iPad 2 is yet another in a long line. The story always remains the same.

Your turn: What happens when the shine wears off the new wonder-gadget?
Ping your blog, website, or RSS feed for Free