Burned out


Solar powered?
London, ON, August 2010


Inspiration can come from anywhere. In this case, my friend, Jeff, saved this past-its-prime light bulb for me because he knew I'd find it photographically fascinating. Nice guy, this Jeff.

Of course, he was right. So when I had a free moment, I found a sunny spot for a quick exploration with my camera - oops, make that my wife's camera (shhhh!) I thought sunlight would give an ordinarily forgettable and forgotten sliver of consumer life a somewhat new lease on life. It couldn't create light on its own anymore, but that didn't mean that with a little help from another source of light it couldn't inspire us at least one more time before being sent on its way.

I've got to spend more time looking at garbage in a different way. And I've got to spend more time listening to my friends when they suggest offbeat ideas like this one.

Your turn: I'm in a captioning mood again. Got one for this shot?
Ping your blog, website, or RSS feed for Free