Thematic Photographic 117 - Parallel


Two-tracked solution
Toronto, ON, March 2009

I've chosen parallel as this week's Thematic Photographic theme because I realize we often have more than one thing going on at the same time. And given the speed with which we blast through a day, a week, a lifetime, it's entirely reasonable for the average person to have any number of things - thoughts, projects, goals, whatever - in flight at any given moment.

As I took this picture, I was sitting on a Via Rail train on my way home to London after a productively eventful day in the big city. I like to day-trip to Toronto on occasion because most folks I work with are located there. I don't do this nearly often enough; something I'll work on in the coming months. Because a day in the big city is always a learning experience filled with folks who never fail to teach me a thing or two about advancing my own state-of-the-art.

Sitting with my forehead leaning against the window, I realized how lucky I was to be able to consciously drive opportunity in a world where so many never even have the chance. As the tracks slipped by below, I whispered a quiet thank you for being privileged to expand my - and my family's - horizons.

Your turn: Please post a parallel-themed picture to your blog, then drop a comment here letting us know where to find it. If you've already got something posted - perhaps in your archives - feel free to share that, too. Want to share more than one? The more the merrier. For more background on how Thematic Photographic, our weekly photo sharing and learning extravaganza, works, just click here.
Ping your blog, website, or RSS feed for Free