Thematic Photographic 115 - Letters & Numbers


Dialup (voice) networking
London, ON, March 2010


I wanted to keep things simple and fun for this week's Thematic Photographic theme. If it has either letters or numbers or both in it, I'm hoping you'll share it with us. That's it!

I knew I wanted to use this picture to launch the theme not only because it qualifies on both fronts, but because it's something that over the next few years will likely become less prevalent in our day-to-day existence. Like vinyl albums (iTunes), typewriters (PCs) and floppy disks (flash drives), the basic telephone is morphing into something very different. As I stare at my BlackBerry, for example, I realize it looks nothing like anything the 1980s-era Carmi would have recognized as a phone had someone shown me this futuristic-looking smartphone way back when.

The world moves quickly. The things we take for granted today likely won't exist in their current form - if they exist at all - tomorrow. I'll suggest we avoid blinking for a bit.

Your turn: Please post a letter/number-themed pic on your blog, then leave a comment here with a link to your entry. Repeat as often as you wish. If you've got tech issues with the pasting thing, no worries: A basic comment should be enough, as the blog automatically includes your blog link with every comment. When you're done, visit other participants and spread the Thematic word. My goal is nothing short of spreading photographic goodness as far as it can go, and I'm hoping you can help make that happen. More Thematic background can be found here.
Ping your blog, website, or RSS feed for Free