The wave that made me think


Soon it won't exist
Delray Beach, FL, December 2010
[Click here to share your own single-themed photo]

This is either a single wave or a loosely bound collection of billions of water molecules crashing toward a forced, cataclysmic rearrangement. Either way, the sight nearly hypnotized me, and I could have stood in the surf for hours watching the waves roll in, one after another.

I couldn't decide if they were all the same or all remarkably unique from each other. Then I realized it didn't matter what I thought. It was simply a privilege to be there, taking in the spectacle inherent in a place where one world ends and another begins.

Sometimes, it's enough to just absorb the feel of a place without necessarily feeling like you need to understand it.

Your turn: You're standing beside the open ocean. What's going through your mind?
Ping your blog, website, or RSS feed for Free