Thematic Photographic 118 - Branched


Reach for the sky
London, ON, March 2009
[Click photo to embiggen]


If you're new to Written Inc., we do a weekly photographic shareathon kinda thing called Thematic Photographic where I post a theme, and everyone shares perspectives based on that theme. Head here for the rules. We promise you it won't hurt.

For this week's theme, branched, I've decided to take some inspiration from the trees that have always inspired me. I spend a ridiculous amount of time outdoors - dog and bicycle...do the math - so I often find myself staring at trees and bushes, trying to figure out if they're worth a few megabytes on my camera's memory card (short answer: Often.) I also live in the Forest City, so it's only fair that I give branches their due.

As you explore the theme, keep in mind that a branch need not be limited to something that originated as a seed in the ground. As always, how you interpret a theme can be as out-there as you wish. The goal here is to stretch a little. I know you'll have as much fun with this theme as I have.

Your turn: Shoot a branch-themed pic, post it online, then post a comment here telling us where to find it. You can also share stuff from your archives - whatever's easiest. Rules here. TP-themed entries here. No wagering, please.
Ping your blog, website, or RSS feed for Free