Thematic Photographic 121 - Yellow


Someone's dishes are gonna be dirty
London, ON, August 2010

Welcome to Thematic Photographic's yellow week. I've done this color before, but I enjoyed the week so much that I've decided to revisit it. Come to think of it, I'm somewhat partial to any color-based theme, so watch for more along these lines in the weeks and months to come.

This is an admittedly odd photo to kick off our theme. Then again, I have an admittedly odd way of looking at the world, so it's just as well that I had my camera with me after coming across this scene in a local parking lot. I can't even begin to explain how this yellow glove came to be here, and I'm not sure any of us really wants to know. But it was asking to be recorded all the same. So I obliged.

Photography, after all, isn't always about what we choose to capture. Sometimes, it's about the things that choose us.

Your turn: If you've done Thematic before, I won't stand in your way. Post your pic, leave your comment here, and have fun! If you're new to our weekly photographic share-fest, click here for more background on how it works. We promise it doesn't hurt.
Ping your blog, website, or RSS feed for Free